Monday, July 7, 2014

Welcome to the Launch of "A Muted Blue Star Muses"!

The title for this new blog comes from my poem "Valhalla: blue" found in the book "Following Hope" (Xlibris, 2007): "She grew up amid amateur paintings/And yellow walls-/A leather-clad, muted blue star."

The reason I am starting this blog is simple. I once free-lanced for Yahoo! via the site Yahoo! Voices (formerly Associated Content). As of July 31, 2014 that site is shutting down. The good news is that the rights to the majority of the articles I wrote there revert to me. But where to put them?

This blog is the solution. This blog will be home to the best of what I published on Yahoo! Voices, including many book reviews. Some of these articles will be reworked and updated; some will not. The Annual "Best Oriental Dans Videos on Youtube" articles that were among my most popular pieces on Yahoo! Voices will also be republished here. It is likely that I will not be able to post a 2014 edition due to the sudden nature of Yahoo! Voices' shut down, but I certainly plan a 2015 edition to be published here. I will continue to post new unpublished reviews and other articles here as well.

Of course, after about six months there will be adverts on this blog. I won't lie to you. But I am confident that the insightful, honest, and unique posts that will feature here will keep you coming back.

And I do hope that you will comment and let me know what you think about each and every post. I will read every comment and respond to most. I look forward to getting to know my readers in a way that I couldn't on Yahoo's platform. Thank you so much for following me over here and to the new ones who happen on to this. There would be little point in writing without you!

Other official sites to find my work are as follows:

Youtube

Facebook

Goodreads

PoetryZoo

Soundcloud

LinkedIn

These links can also be found at the top of this page.

I am sure that together we can make this blog - "A Muted Blue Star Muses" - a beautiful place to share thoughts, inspirations, and beloved books.

No comments:

Post a Comment